When you look at the current political climate, California seems like a completely different world.of creating state-wide universal healthcare. It may become the country’s first “ .” People are even . To examine this alternate universe, we talked to Sherry Bebitch Jeffe, at the University of Southern California and a long-time commentator on California’s place in the national political scene.
- One of the many reasons that California has an outsized influence on the US is the size of the state’s economy. If California was a country, it would be the .
- California’s size and impact mean that, as California goes, often so goes the nation. Its car emission standards are the , since auto companies don’t want to have to create special vehicles just for California.
- Jeffe says that back in the ‘70s, people laughed when Governor Jerry Brown talked about launching satellites. When he brought it up again in 2016, .
- The LA Times examines how much single payer health care .
- CNN says that becoming a sanctuary state .
- at Jerry Brown and his legacy as governor.
- The New York Times explains why foreign countries are looking to Sacramento on , rather than Washington.
Support for our coverage of environmental issues and sustainable communities comes from The Kendeda Fund.