And, Jim Steyer, founder of , thinks it’s high-time we pay attention to them. Steyer created his organization for two reasons: to focus on the effects of media and technology on children, and to make sure that kids have their needs represented in government.
- “Kids are the most important natural resource this society has,” Steyer says. “And, they’ve been deeply under-invested in over the past 30 years.”
- “Sixty percent of kids admitted that they’re addicted to technology,” according to Steyer. “And 50 percent of parents thought that they were.” And, if those numbers are from people who admitted they were addicted, Steyer thinks that the actual percentage must be even higher.
- In 2015, And, Steyer says that changes their media habits. Common Sense Media found that kids get most of their news from either parents or social media.
- Politico profiled Jim and his famous brother, Tom Steyer, .
- Common Sense Media’s suggestions on .
- The New York Times asks, are ?