It’s a tough job market out there, and it may get even tougher. explains why the economy is leaving some workers behind, whether politicians are honest about what they can accomplish, and how millennials feel about tech upending their job prospects.
- People are very worried about robots stealing their jobs., and one in four low-wage workers is afraid of it happening.
- Helping displaced older workers is going to be tough. Rampell says that retraining may not be the best use of public funds, and simply cutting older people a check is difficult, since a lot of workers have identities tied to their jobs.
- Part of the reason young people are so disenchanted with the political system is that they don’t feel like they have the same economic opportunities that their parents had. They’re less likely to own a house, are more in debt, and are making much less money in relation to their skill set.
- Rampell’s opinion piece about .
- Sarah Kendzior on the .
- , according to 538.
- On the bright side, , even though it might not feel like it.